Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Sunday, February 08, 2009

50 Degrees and Smiling!

It's a heat wave, and did we enjoy the out of doors. Here are our weekend highlights!
~~~~~~~~~~
We went yesterday to a tiny nature preserve (behind the Barnes and Noble across from Oakbrook). It's really just a water retention pond surrounded by cement-ville, but my suburban boy doesn't know the difference yet. Anyway, we saw a bald eagle up close and it was beautful. We went prepared with rain boots and man, did Simon run and splash in the playground! Upon entering the car and driving home, Simon declared "I am a mess" as loud and as emphatic as possible. Needless to say he went straight to the bath.
~~~~~~~~~~
We are conducting our snowman melt study. Pictures are taken periodically to document the disappearance of Mr. Snowman that has been hanging around our front yard for way too long. Seriously, he has been the longest living snowman I have ever known! And neighborhood riff raff never bothered him. Hmmm, must be a pretty good neighborhood!
~~~~~~~~~~
Another HYSTERICAL story this morning:
Simon: What's wrong with your lip?
Me: They're dry, I have chapped lips. I need to put chapstick on them.
Simon: You mean mine?
Me: No, you don't have chapstick.
Simon: When you eat, on your lips?
Me: No, not when I eat.Simon: My chopsticks?Me: Oooh, no, chAp stick, not your chOpsticks!
~~~~~~~~~~
Simon received trainer chopsticks from his "Japanese" Aunt and Uncle for Christmas. They are hinged with finger holes and he absolutely loves eating with them. He one time declared he did not want to eat dinner. I silently put the chopsticks by his plate and he ran so excitedly to the table and stated that the food looked delicious!?!?!?!?
~~~~~~~~~~
Sunday afternoon led us to the library to see Froggy in person, from Jonathon London's Froggy book series. Simon was completely enthralled and had an incredible story time. I would have to say it was the best story time I've been to and it was his personal best story time ever! He did not blink during the two Froggy stories!
~~~~~~~~~~
Another note of interest. I received a call from the cord blood donation center. The person told me someone was interested in my story (we donated both Simon's and Norah's cord blood and my Mom is alive because of some little baby's cord blood donation). I braced myself, because Channel 7 was interested a while ago. Nothing happened then because they wanted to do the story quick and my Mom wouldn't be here. I am not so sure I want to be 30 second evening news story. This time, though, it is a graduate student writing a paper. I will totally help out a student. We'll see if anything transpires.
~~~~~~~~~~
An update on Little Miss Norah, well, she continues to go wherever we go. She doesn't wander away from us. She never declares that she wants to go home. She seems to enjoy all that we do. Her protests are loud and clear; she is most upset when a desired item is removed or she is removed from a desired destination. She has learned to scoot backwards down our two little stairs. She walks around the room and will take 1-2 steps if enticed by a very desirable object. She repeats sounds and simple words like crazy! Some things we've recently heard:
too too - when we play train and say choo choo
Mama and Dada - she repeats these
attempts to say boo when playing peek-a-boo
sh sh sh sh - she kept repeating this sound when shopping with me today
Norah is so very engaging and will "chat" to get attention and carry on a wonderful, nonsensical conversation. We love every sound we hear!!!!

1 comment:

k said...

Hearing about Froggy at storytime reminds me of the time in high school that I dressed up as Arthur for summer reading programs.

The inside of Arthur was hot and smelly. It was July after all.