26. I love to read and I read the most in summer. I get so consumed in the book that I cannot put it down.
27. I wish I could enjoy yogurt, I keep trying different brands, flavors, textures. Still don't enjoy it.
28. I swallowed my first "I never" statement. Pre-kids I said "I will never bring snacks in church". Cheerios, fruit snacks and a drink helped Simon survive through the sermon. They will soon help Norah.
29. I am so grateful that our church encourages, enjoys, and tolerates children in church. We are worshipping as a family!
30. I plant a garden every year: herbs a-plenty, some routine vegetables, and one new vegetable every year.
31. My perennial garden receives little to no care from me, they are perennial after all!
32. I serve our meals on the front porch whenever possible.
33. I became teary the first time our children were blessed at communion.
34. I have to say good-night to someone every night. My first college roommate thought I was crazy.
35. The first time I saw my graduate school apartment and met my roommate was the day I moved in, by myself.
36. I only applied to one college (for undergraduate). My Dad kept saying "the U of M is a good school. How about Bethel?"
37. Purses, bags, and shoes are not denied in my closet. I am often questioned "So which pair are you getting rid of ?" when another pair joins the ranks!
38. I can now make very quick decisions and not second guess myself.
39. I value Eric's insight and wisdom. He always says the best thing at the right time.
40. My uncle helped me to be the person I am, just by listening.
41. At one point, I told God that my Mom had suffered and endured enough and maybe it was time for Him to take her.
42. I told #41 to my dear friend Kathy, in Wal-Mart. I was purchasing items for my trip to MN to visit my ill mother.
43. I have very fond memories of visiting my Grandparents in rural MN.
44. Eric's family, immediate and extended, is incredible!
45. I miss dozing, reading, sunning, and lounging at the pool!
46. I think the name "Rebecca" is beautiful and I am Rebecca at work.
47. I thought the "key-key" in Becky Luedtke was not professional.
48. I smile at every snowman I see.
49. I could not imagine living anywhere that did not have 4 distinct seasons. There is something about the crisp fall, first snow, early buds, and warm temperatures that stirs the soul.
50. I embraced the year of the cicadas. I picked them up, put them in toy trucks, knocked the shells off the trees with sticks, and analyzed them wherever we found them. All thanks to a curious little boy who did not know they were icky. (They really were icky!)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment