We drink in the bold colors of brown, red, yellow, and fading green while looking out of our wonderful picture window. The vibrancy of these lovely fall colors promise to bring dull and dingy brown. To which I have named Midwestern Brown Blah. Not so fresh and lively.
Contrary to fall's insistence of leaves drying out, grass dying, and flowers fading, this day has been spent ensuring the promise of new life. Simon, Norah and I spent the morning planting our tulip bulbs, collected from our late spring tulip-free-for-alls. We cleared out annuals, used shovels to dig holes, dumped in the dried-out bulbs, and covered them up with dirt. We now have new life to watch for when the snow melts for the last time next spring!
Contrary to fall's insistence of leaves drying out, grass dying, and flowers fading, this day has been spent ensuring the promise of new life. Simon, Norah and I spent the morning planting our tulip bulbs, collected from our late spring tulip-free-for-alls. We cleared out annuals, used shovels to dig holes, dumped in the dried-out bulbs, and covered them up with dirt. We now have new life to watch for when the snow melts for the last time next spring!
The hope of new life continues today in acknowledgement of Mom's third birthday! Only a very special person can have three birthdays! Her first is August 14, the second is Ash Wednesday, and today, October 12 is her third - thanks to the generous gift of donation! The promise and hope of new life is wonderful! We pray for a successful transplant and recovery in the weeks ahead!
3 comments:
I hope that it all goes smoothly...
I've been thinking of your Mom all day. I hope all went well and as painless as possible.
-Jo
Lots of praying going on in Fres-yes too!
Post a Comment