But not quite what you think!!!
Yesterday morning we were a bit rushed trying get Simon to preschool on time. I sent Simon to put on his socks and shoes. Then I heard bang, boom, crash. Which caused me to run and my heart to race. What didI see? His dresser tipped over, all the drawers open, and Simon trying to push the whole thing up! I quickly got him out but cannot right the darn piece of furniture. He was shocked, scared, and crying. Norah was safe in the highchair! His only complaint was the top of his hand hurt and that was nothing. The mind does funny things when shocked and your heart leaps into your throat. I called Eric home (he works only 1.5 miles away). The dresser was stuck on the floor base, so of course I could not get it right, it was tipsy. His ceramic piggy bank slid off, must have bounced off the bed and landed on the wood floor. UN-BROKEN! It is a personalized baseball piggy bank that is awesome and yesterday doubled as a cat (one life gone). All items on the top of the dresser slid and fell onto his bed and the floor, it was topless. I took Simon to preschool, left him there crying for me not to leave. But left I did and he was fine! Came home to clean up the room, not quite on my agenda, but clean I did. The only broken items were cracked picture frame, a broken CD case, and a piece of the dresser frame. That's all! It all missed Simon's head and he was not smooshed or injured. Now we bolt the darn piece of furniture to the wall, so tipsy and topless do not happen again!
~~~~~~~~~~
My Mom sent me this in an e-mail yesterday without even knowing the story! This is not Norah and we do not have a dog. Enjoy the Childproof Drawer!
1 comment:
That video made me laugh.
(Good thing the topic of the post wasn't describing you. Although...it is Friday.)
Post a Comment