A Hare Piece
We have this 60 piece puzzle that Simon enjoys putting together with one of us. Simon really doesn't need us to help him assemble the puzzle, he just wants company! The puzzle is the Tortoise and the Hare with the story on the back of the box Today after it was assembled and in its glory on the floor, Eric asked Simon about his favorite part of the puzzle to which he responded "a hare piece". It just sounded funny.
Put Grandma Down
This story happened a while ago and I still giggle just thinking about it! As you all may recall, Eric's mom broke her femur on January 5. (By the way, she can now walk with full pressure using a walker!!) We were visiting her way back when she was recently home from rehab. Grandma has this nifty lifty chair that reclined, went way back, returned upright and lifted one out of the chair. All mechanically with a remote. Well, Simon was ALL over that puppy and Grandma let him try the remote. Simon was way into it, and I told him to stop, or that's enough, or one more time, or no more, etc. etc. Well, he was way too excited and did not stop so I emphatically pulled out the mother voice and with all authority said "Put Grandma down!". Well, Grandma laughed histerically and we all joined in because really, who ever says "put Grandma down"?!?!?!
~~~~~~~~~~
On our most recent visit while Grandma was showing off her walking, Simon asked her "where you going?"
At the Zoo
This past Sunday before church started, Simon was flipping through the pew Bible and asked me to read him a Bible Story. I asked him which one and he said "Jonah and the Big Fish". We talked a bit about Jonah. He flipped pages and asked what story we were now on. I mentioned the story of Daniel in the lion's den. I asked him "where was Daniel"? Simon answered "at the zoo" so matter of factly. Then I asked him what Daniel was doing at the zoo. Simon responded with "in a big fish".
1 comment:
Fun stories! I especially liked, "Put Grandma down!"
Beth.
Post a Comment