Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Easy Peezy and So Delish

I've discoverd two new fantastic recipes!

1. Mushroom Parmesan - inspired by the famous chicken parmesan and thanks to Giada. Cut the stem off of a portobella mushroom (use as many as you wish). Drizzle with olive oil and grill both sides on the stove top. I don't have a stove top grill, so I just used a regular pan until it was browned on both sides. Put marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan to cover, place mushrooms on the sauce. Put sauce on the mushroom and add desired amount of parmesan and mozzerala cheese. Bake until warm and cheese is melted. (I do not see why you cannot add any herbs/spices as desired plus salt and pepper.) Yum!!!

2. Homemade Sticky Buns - probably not the healthiest option, but a definite crowd pleaser. Seriously easy, using puff pastry and a muffin pan. Click on the link for an easy peezy version of sticky_buns! Easter brunch here we come!!! Since I've never used frozen puff pastry, I did not know the possiblities. I am going to attempt to make spinach cheese wheels for an upcoming baby shower, recipe on the back of the box! Who knew?

10 Items or Less . . .
. . . current library checkouts

1. Library Lion - thanks to K's nursery pics, my curiousity was roused
2. Nora and the Great Bear
3. Tikki Tikki Tembo - one of my childhood faves
4. Today I Will Fly - anything Mo Willems writes is hysterical
5. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - for me

1 comment:

k said...

Library is Lion is so great! It's one of our favorites.

And...let me know what you think of a Curious Dog in the Nighttime. We read that for our book club and all really liked it.

Jillian Michaels arrive yet? Oooff.