Not sure if any of my very few readers know that I am a resale shopping queen. If I am looking for something, I shop at my favorite resale stops first. Living in a larger metropolitan area, I have quite the selection. And I know there are more shops that I have yet to discover!
There is a thrill in finding an awesome item that is like new or new with tags still attached, with an unbelievable price tag!
When going to look for a specific item, I usually strike out and end up coming home with something I wasn't even looking for but realized would be handy to have. Such as kids blue jeans for school on the hottest day in summer. Or buying winter boots for the next season when everyone is SICKENED by the thought of just one more snowflake. Come next winter, when we are excited to see that first snowflake, I'll just pull out the next-size-up pair of winter boots and my little mister will be ready to go.
I am REALLY good at keeping track of what I have gathered and stashed. Rarely to never do I double up on items.
Where do I go? Savers, Goodwill one town over, Goodwill one town over the other way, garage/rummage sales, New Uses (home furnishings and decor), Clothes Mentor (women's clothing and accessories), and 2 - 3 local churches that have fall and spring resales. I love it.
Welcome to New-To-Me Monday, a weekly feature where I will showcase a New-To-Me item that was previously owned by someone else. Many, many days I look at myself, and realize I am dressed or accessorized from head to toe with items purchased at a resale location. I have received many compliments from people about my New-To-Me outfits. Sometimes I share my secret, other times I just say "Thank you". My kids often wear items that have prior experience with previous owners!
This week's feature is a wallet for spring and summer that I found at Clothes Mentor, and I forgot how much I paid for it, which is extremely unlike me. I bought it when the snow was high, so I am excited to pull it out and finally put it to use! The Iota Chic wallet was brand new with tags attached, and it matches my pink and orange spring/summer purse perfectly! It holds all wallet items, a back zip pocket for my phone and change, a clear pocket in front, and a key clip to attach/detach as desired. Perfect for summer life whenI daily switch from purse, library bag, pool bag, work out bag, outing bag, picnic bag, bike basket, etc. We are more on the go and this holds all items needed to dash out the door.
New-To-Me and Lovely!
I bet you just can't wait to see what will be next week's feature on New-To-Me Monday!
Monday, April 07, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
What a great find! Yes, I look forward to seeing more. :)
Post a Comment