Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Friday, June 21, 2013

Six Months for Others, Now Time for Me

After six months of volunteer crafting, I am ready to craft for me!  This year, so far, has been spent knitting the afghan for the women's hospital in Africa.   Just after that completion, I started crocheting the offering coin pouches.  Of course I have snuck in smaller projects that were quick.   I am now ready to craft for me or my kids.  I took about 2-3 days off of NOT touching yarn.  I am ready to go again.

Projects in the line up:
1.  Continue knitting a 2-colored scarf on the bias,  ribbon and super soft yarn purchased from the best yarn shop ever in MN, pattern included.

2.  Start knitting (again) a linen stitch scarf, purchased with super soft and brightly colored yarn purchased from another yarn shop in MN

3.  Continue sewing and crocheting my crochet-fusion blanket for my girly.  Project started from the influence of my Aunt Cindy!  I believe I have 2 strips completed.

4.  Decide on colors and start crocheting a Lego blanket for my boy.

5.  Continue crocheting a tea set for my Lil' Miss.

6.  Use some bulky yarn to make gifts for random people at holiday time.  What's nice about teachers, is you get new ones each year so similar gifts can be remade but given for the first time!

As you can see, I have enough to keep me busy as a bee, for me!!!!  Of course I can always sneak in other unplanned projects on the whimsy of an idea.  That's how it goes and sews!

No comments: