Today is Simon's last day of 2nd grade. The first and last days of school are always difficult days for Simon. Last night he was a bit sad and scared for his last day; he is going to miss his class and his teacher. He had a great teacher this year, and he loved school so much. He NEVER complained about going. I think classrooms become such neat little communities that work like a well-oiled machine. Sometimes it almost like a little family. They do spend a good amount of time together Monday through Friday. He is happy for summer, but he's not all "school's out school's out teachers let the monkeys out" ecstatic. He gets off the bus in about 20 minutes, I shall see how my brand new 3rd grade is handling the good-bye to 2nd grade.
It's cool and rainy, so not a good park or pool day. It really does not feel like summer. We wore jackets and cuddled under a blanket at yesterday's baseball game. Not quite summer feeling yet.

1 comment:
It is cold here in MN too. I do not think it got above 60 today..
It did sprinkle a little bit, I think, but not rainy. I think we are going to get more rain. I do not know when or how much.
Where is global warming? It has been cool and quite rainy here all spring. As a matter of fact, it hailed quite hard here the other day. Leon said it looked liked it had snowed!
I hope it warms up down there ( well, here too).
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment