Chocolate chip cookies were a hit. A rare treat to have CC cookies BEFORE lunch! And then Simon proceeded to eat his ENTIRE lunch. He was finally most excited to ride his bike to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. His summer work tasks to maintain skills sound fun to him, he's eager to start tomorrow. He told me that he does journals in the morning and math after lunch. Since he's used to school all day, this does not even phase him. In Simon's echoing words from his lovely teacher, "We don't want to waste any learning time." I do not want him to forget the skills he worked so hard to learn this year. Oh, those tricky math facts!!! We don't want to waste what he learned.
Oh, and he came home telling us he went up to receive his pin for Perfect Attendance!! We didn't even know. He was sick, but it was over his Christmas break. The boy was at school every single day for first grade! Every single day!
As I tucked him into bed, he asked me: "Mommy, after we do our homework (a.k.a. summer work) tomorrow, can we go to the bookstore to get my timer bookmark?" He is finishing up spending his Grandma on the curvy street's Christmas money by buying one of those bookmarks that has a timer on top. Since the summer reading program is in increments of 15 minutes and he needs to read 20 minutes every school day, this will come in handy on a daily basis. He is so excited. Of course I said yes. He is a bit disappointed that we cannot bike there (too busy of streets).
Monday, June 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Grandma on the curvy street"... I like that. :)
I'd never heard of a bookmark with a timer on top! How cool is that! And even cooler that he's so eager to read!
Hurray for the perfect attendance!!
I hope your summer is filled with fun!! Can not believe Simon is going on to second grade! And Norah in pre-school. Time goes quickly! Enjoy your summer and give your sweet little ones a big hug and kiss for me. I miss them!!
Love, Corinne
Post a Comment