Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Oh, to stand!

I just saw my child do one of the funniest things I may have ever seen in this journey of motherhood. I caught a glimpse of Norah in the bathroom. I did a double take when I investigated closer. I saw her peeing at the toilet standing, facing forward, and leaning just a bit. She declared "I want to pee like Simon". I almost busted a gut laughing, but the seriousness in her voice and expression told me she really wanted to pee standing up. I told her that girls must always sit on the toilet. Oh, the tears at learning that she cannot stand to pee. I told her she does not have a pee-pee and she is not a boy. Girls always sit to go to the bathroom. She was not behaving badly; she was not mischievous. She was thinking and her wheels were spinning. After some hugging and comforting, the bubble bath distracted her from her disappointment.

Then, into the tub she goes. Spray and clean the accident. Throw the clothes in the laundry. This was not on the straightening, cleaning, prepping, and cooking list!

I am hosting Easter Brunch with a small side of Norah's birthday with Eric's family. I love Easter. I love ringing bells during this time. I love Easter brunch. Eric's family pitches in. Here is the menu:

Breakfast:
At church after service

Appetizers:
(not a fan, I'd rather people eat most of the food I've prepared)
bacon wrapped sausage
hard boiled eggs (perhaps deviled eggs)

Main Event:
ham
cheesy potatoes
french toast bake
egg basil strata
spinach lasagna
homemade applesauce (my pork lovin' family adores applesauce on the side)

On the sweet side:
fruit plate
homemade cinnamon rolls
frosted almond cake (for b-day purpose)
jelly beans

For the glasses:
mimosas
juice
ginger ale

(I even purchased leeks for potato leek soup. And the beans for bean and ham soup. I sure hope there are leftovers!)

Last weekend Simon said "and our postcards will come in the mail". He was full of anticipation and excitement. I have in the past sent them Easter fabric postcards each year; and they are displayed on the mantel as our Easter decorations. So, I spent this morning with Norah in preschool making them so no pairs of eyes would see what I was doing. I pulled off the total mail surprise with mail from my house to my house. Whew!! They also know to expect an outside egg hunt. Have all items, just need to fill and mark eggs. I don't do candy; Simon won't eat any and Norah will eat all.

1 comment:

JHNickodemus said...

To Norah's benefit with a little bit of practice it could probably be done. Maybe just not worth the potential mess. Isn't it funny how all the little things make up our special holiday traditions?