Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ta - Duh! and You Have to Clap

Norah has been putting on "shows" for a long time now.
She loves to sing.
She loves to belt out a made-up song, standing on a stool, trying to twirl, and sometimes falling to the floor.
Some of you have been lucky enough to hear her, uh-hem, singing.
She wants to be on the stage someday.
Except, when she has a chance to sing with her preschool in front of the church, she experiences stage fright mixed with the need to escape.
We guess she doesn't want to share the stage.

Actually, she is quite dramatic, expressive, and hysterical.
I mean, we bust a gut laughing.
She is funny.
Her facial expressions, body movements, and how she uses her voice is entertaining.
Her audience must clap at the end.
The end is known by a deep bow with an arm extended across her body, accompanied by a slight curtsy.

The show is usually delayed by the necessity to find the stool to stand on, her "song-book" (a.k.a. some plastic play-dough toy with a removable piece that has a hinge and opens), the dress-up item of choice, and the microphone (Duplos made into a stick or a toy telescope).
So tonight, we had stool issues, and decided to use the large wooden step down into the family.
Why didn't we think of this sooner?
She could actually dance on it without the fear of a possible twisted ankle.
It is large enough to share.
The audience has chairs to face her.
We are considering crafting up a rod with a velvet curtain to create the full stage effect.

Tonight's program consisted of  the songs: "Easter Sunday Morning" and "Cockle Doodle Doo" while wearing her kangaroo costume and new garden gloves with the telescope in hand.

Long time favorite songs include "Shiver Shauber What Do You Know?" and "Pass the Budgeon" (a.k. budget).

Simon gets stage jealousy.  He is not chatty or imaginative in his conversation.  He sings a made-up song with just one word, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, or he copies his sister.

Norah declared at one point this evening:  "The show is cancelled; Daddy is not here.  The audience is only one."
He was putting dinner dishes away at that moment.
I said, "Well, you could rehearse or practice until he comes back".
To which she responded, "I don't know the re-curse song."

This little girl is incredibly fun and I love her so much!  I truly hope that someday, I get to see her on the stage.

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

And you don't have videos to share?! ;(

The Luedtke Family said...

Tonight, we were just enjoying the show. I'll have to check for a previous performance captured on video. I know there will be one in the near future; I'll capture the next spontaneous show.