Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Monday, November 07, 2011

Vertical Day Ahead

This coming Friday in addition to the important Veterans Day, is Vertical Day. This year, it is a once in a century experience. Just look at the date 11-11-11, all numbers vertical. How cool is that! A couple of years ago, my biggest vertical day fans decided they should come to Chicago to spend vertical hour/minute, on vertical day, in the vertical year with me and my family. Well, that was a loooong time ago and plans have changed. Plus, they have a wedding to attend and what a cool wedding anniversary to have 11-11-11. I hope that they give a really cool vertical wedding gift. (like striped coffee mugs, christmas ornaments vertical in shape or stripes, perhaps some handmade striped/vertical goodies, and if they give the gift of money, it should be in singles or in 11's). I can personally say, that I have been married 11 years this vertical year - since we were married in 2000.

I decided, that I should give them 11 gifts, costing no more than $11.11 not including the cost of shipping. Using what I have and being resourceful, my package began the trek to CA on 11-1-11. Now I just had to send a vertical day gift on a vertical day, that is how I celebrated 11-1-11. The thing is, I did not snap 1 picture of any of the contents or any of the package(s). Can you believe that? I was so focused on our Halloween happenings and making it to the post office that I did not document my biggest joy of this 11-11-11. You will have to see vertical greatness through their eyes. I will list them out once I know they have all been opened, I can't ruin the surprises.

Where will I be at 11:11 on 11-11-11? Why I will be lunching and making the greatest wish of the century at Eleven City Diner on the corner of 11th and Wabash. What will you do at 11:11 on 11-11-11?

2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Oh my goodness! This is the most amazing thing EVER! LOVE you SOOO much!

The Luedtke Family said...

Yeah, it was amazingly fun to think about, gather, make, and assemble. As you can see I started months ago. Big and layered projects like that are hard to actually give and let go, because then it is done for the giver. As the packages were actually wrapped and ready for shipping, Norah kept asking whose birthday it was. She was quite confused.