Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

We are enjoying the lazy days of summer. We wake up a bit early due to Lil' Miss awakening around 6:30. I make her stay in her bed or room until 7:00. Simon sleeps and lounges sometimes until 8:30. Breakfast occurs whenever we feel like it or need it. The kids play around the house with their toys, something that is fun to see. For example, right now Simon is wearing a fireman hat, swim trunks, and his fireman rain boots. He is ready to jump in and splash out the fire!!! I eventually scrub face, brush teeth, and dress into something that is wearable in public, put dishes away, and move on to what is next. This week, we move on to swimming lessons. We walk out of our house at 10:30 for 10:45 swim lessons. This week is much more comfortable sitting and waiting for them than last week.

Today we will move to the grassy area outside of the pool for a picnic lunch and story time presented by the library. It will finish just in time for the pool to open at noon. We plan to swim away the afternoon. Shower, bath, popsicles, dinner prep, dinner, clean up, and bedtime to follow.

How are your lazy days of summer?

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

It seems around here that summer means a lot more work, and I'm lazier in the winter.

The Luedtke Family said...

Oh, I have work to do around the house. But enjoying summer with my little kids and making memories trumps my bustling about all day. I do need to get crack-a-lacking and organize, clean, weed, sort and donate, scrub, and clean. Somehow 3 meals, snacks, bathroom support, activity supervision, squabble control, book reading, arts and craft creating, seem to get in the way. That's why I am taking advantage of the pool, 1 block away. Although, it is still exhausting getting ready, packing snacks, sunscreening, keeping my eyes on them, bathroom trips, walking home, and bathing. Still, so much fun!

And in the winter I am hunkering down to write my IEP's that last until spring. I do enjoy my summers of no work outside of the home.