Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Little Boy is 6!!

Thursday, my little boy was first seen by our eyes and held in our arms 6 years ago! I can hardly believe all of the changes in the last year, let alone 6! I cannot believe he is 1/3 of the way to early adulthood! Highlights of this past year include:



  • going to kindergarten, by bus

  • riding a two-wheel bike

  • learning to read

  • tying his shoe

  • choosing a weather appropriate and matching outfit and dressing completely by himself

  • doing more jobs around the house and being quite helpful

  • showering on his own, and rinsing out ALL of the shampoo

  • losing a Grandpa

  • wanting to lose a tooth

  • making new friends

  • loving and adoring his sister even more

  • enjoying telling those silly, early jokes

  • learning what disappointment feels like

  • enjoying being on a t-ball team

  • talking to family members on the phone in detail

  • still his kind and helpful little guy

  • taking decent pictures of Mommy and Daddy together, I do exist in some pics!

  • loving Sunday School, and feeling confused if we just go to church

He is such a joy to spend time with and a great little guy! We are blessed beyond measure with the gift of Simon!


HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, SIMON!

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

Happy Birthday, Simon!

TJ and Katie said...

Happy birthday to Simon! I can't believe I met you 6 years ago Rebecca! I remember you coming into school with little Simon in his car seat! That went so fast!
BTW-love the teacher gift...those are awesome!