Yep, I have about 80% of the Christmas shopping completed for my children. Late last winter I hit a great sale for this year's winter clothes for Norah and a niece. They will totally get wrapped.
And recently, I feel God answered my prayers and supplied me with my wish list at great church resales. Two weeks ago I stocked up on some girl clothes and a few boy items. Between Friday evening and Saturday morning, I hit the jackpot at 3 church resales and purchased a new-looking boys bike, an awesome Imaginarium train set, track for hot-wheels, doll house, doll house accessories, adorable clothes, 4 pairs of shoes, snow pants, boys dress shirts, boys comfy pants, boys sweatshirts, and a long sleeve boys shirt with a wolf on it!!!! All for a grand price! There is absolutely no way possible that I could have purchased a new boys bike, a decent train set, and a doll house for what I paid for everything! Man, do I love church resales! The only thing on my shopping list that I could not find were boy's winter boots. That I can handle!
We will have a blessed Christmas with much joy and happiness. I know it isn't about getting toys. But it feels good to give my children something they have wanted and waited for a long time at a price we can handle spread over time.
I passed up a girls' weekend at a cabin on the lake due to ringing bells on Sunday and these resales. First of all, I was feeling under the weather so it felt good to be home. It also felt great to have Eric at home instead of working crazy hours. And I feel ecstatic about the treasures in my trunk!
Only now I must hide them at Grandma's house to prevent sneaky peeks!
Sunday, October 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ahhh... if only I planned ahead like you do! I don't think I was born with that capability. ;)
Oh my LORD--yesterday I was in awe of your sewing skills, and today I am in awe of your planning ahead for Christmas.
Nicely done!
Wow! That's awesome! What a great idea! I've definitely been assessing how much "entertainment" kids need to be supplied with during these nanny days. Resaling seems to be a great way to not feel obligated to "hoard" and keep things down to a minimum or at least in control!
Post a Comment