Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Whew, it's been a whirlwind around here!

I usually am relieved when July 4th comes and goes, as the lazy days of summer truly begin. Eric's birthday, father's day, and Simon's birthday all come and go in the month of June. And this year, I co-directed VBS for 200 children - 100 preschoolers and 100 K-4 graders. Not just a VBS, a knock-out, incredible, the best ever VBS! I was a leader for a preschool group last year and of course did my best job. So well, that I was asked to co-direct this year. Crazy, crazy amounts of meetings and details and hours of work. But, what a great feeling once it was rolling and once it was done. So now, I am back and have tons of pictures to post. But am still limited in energy. My house-keeping schedule and kid-playing schedule is completely out of whack. I am starting to feel recovered. Oh, and my Mom was here for 2 weeks before and during VBS, such a help. She also volunteered before and during VBS. She's a great name-tag maker, CD seller, and an awesome bagger! Someday, I'll retire to being a bagger, aahhh. My dad was here in the beginning and the end, while he biked 500 miles from St. Paul. MN to my house in the middle. So in one week we had company, a birthday party, VBS planning/prep, VBS, a 5 year old birthday, and July 4th!

WHEW and double WHEW!!!

As far as next year, I anticipate that I will also co-direct VBS, as usually you learn the ropes one year. Know what to expect. And then show the ropes to another co-director the next year. Since I know what to expect - yikes!

The High Seas Expedition VBS theme was fantastic and an absolute great time. Simon told me on July 5th while walking to the pool, "Mommy - you didn't have VBS today" with astonishment in his voice!

Please check back for pictures.

1 comment:

Grandma G said...

You made me tired just reading that! WHEW!! :)

But good for you!