Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July started with me going to the 8:00 church service to present the VBS slideshow, again. My second service of the weekend, as we attended the 5:00 p.m. Saturday service for the same purpose. I came home on Sunday to find the bike trailer attached to Eric's bike and all were ready to head for a short bike ride to play in the park. It was a bit hotsy-totsy!

Then, we lazied around the house. Well deserved by all, if you can recall my June. In the late afternoon, we headed to friends of ours who always host a 4th of July BBQ in their backyard. Tons of friends, kids, food and fun. We headed over to the park just around the corner for fireworks and are home in a flash as we live just across the busy street and through a neighborhood or two! Gotta love local.
The little girls.

Some of the kids.

Fireworks, with a tradition Simon has now adopted of naming them, his favorite is "popcorn". I liked "red white and blue" and "willow tree".

We always enjoy the Hinsdale parade, and that was on Monday at 10:00. Eric had to work, so I took the kids by myself and had a fantastic time. Simon told me what to capture in pictures so we could have a "T.V. Parade" at home via the slideshow for Daddy. I'll spare you the 5-year old decisions of importance. Such as teddy bears on cars, balloons on cars, decorated bicycle wheels, and more cars! As always, this parade always entertains and is fun.

The three of us on the fifth!

Could she possibly hold any more freebies from the phenomenon of strangeness walking down the street while people piled up on the parkways and sidewalks to watch?

A picture inspired by my Dad and Christa. My Dad has commented on the details of the background to pinpoint time and place, hence I did not crop. Christa, as she zooms in and captures magical moments of her children without showing the entire face or body. I think this is lovely and magical as it captures Norah's intense attention to the parade. Both of my children have this serious facial expression during parades.

I did not create this year's review of the parade, not much has changed since previous years. If interested, check the historical reviews at:

http://luedtkeland.blogspot.com/2008/07/our-july-4th-festivities.html
http://luedtkeland.blogspot.com/2007/07/4th-of-july.html

1 comment:

k said...

Ezra was very serious during our parade too. I think it's serious business for small fries; so much to take in!

Loving Norah's curly, curly hair!