I found a purple plus few hints of other colors in the yarn as well. You know, a little bit thicker yarn with a fun texture, sort of curly. I had a ball of very thin cream wool yarn wound up in the basement that made for a great second yarn to crochet with the first. It created a more variegated look, and a nice trim. I used buttons that I already had. That's my new motto that I am trying to adhere to - use what I have and be happy with it! Since we winter in the midwest, I wanted more foot cover and improvised the pattern a bit.
I used red and green yarn from my basement yarn bin, for Norah to have with her Christmas jammies. The slippers are a bit slippery on our wood floors. But we both are getting used to that affect. I did read online to add puffy paint to the bottoms to make them non-slip. I am also pondering if jammie-feet material is available and how I could crochet slippers from a non-slip base. I do love my hardware store aul to add a crochet edge to blankets. Hmmmm . . . .
Kuddos to Jessica for passing on the pattern!!!!
As for names? I'm not coming up with any.

2 comments:
Those are darling slippers! I love them!
Great mother/daughter photo. Perfect slippers! You whipped those up fast!
Post a Comment