Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pretending, Mommy Style

My friend K recently had me in stitches with her latest post. Here are a few things I pretend that happen every day:

I pretend that I am showering alone without interruption or conversation.

I pretend that I can go to the bathroom without a little person barging in on me or shrieks-yells-screams-bonks-uh ohs heard from the other side of the door.

I pretend that I can finish a cup of coffee while sitting at the table.

I pretend that once I sit down to eat a meal, I will not get back up until it is over.

I pretend that I can eat half of a grapefruit and drink the squeezed juice by myself.

I pretend that any task doesn't take 3 times as long as it should.

And today, while doing 30-day-shred (a.k.a. 20 minute grunt), I pretended a 4 year old was not crawling under my legs and a 1 year old was not sitting on my belly as I did crazy hard abs!

But, in just a few short years, I will miss all of this little monkey activity from my itty-bitties! So, pretending will be just fine for now!

No comments: