Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

But Pastor Said

Our wonderful Pastor always says good-bye to us by telling us it's a good day for Dairy Queen or the Dairy Queen we pass on our way home is open. His trademark code phrase of "sure is hot out" means "let's go to Dairy Queen".

This past Monday Simon and Norah both had their wellness visits. I love two appointments with the same doctor at the same time. And I love my pediatrician. We switched when Norah was born and we are much happier. We had a pediatrician with a "know-it-all" personality and now we have a calm and kind doctor who listens and does not walk out the door talking. Much. more. pleasant. Anyway, both Simon and Norah had shots and were troopers. Simon said "ow" at the shot and Norah of course screamed for a maximum of 20 seconds. (I personally thought he was done with shots until next year before kindergarten and so I told him no shots. Poor guy. They gave him one shot this year so he only needs 2 shots next year. Better that way than 3 shots next year.) At least I had pennies with me to make wishes in the fountain that Simon reminded me was there as we parked

During the car ride home, we had a conversation. At 10:30 a.m. Just after shots:

S: Mommy, I want an ice cream from Dairy Queen
Me: Oh, perhaps tonight we can go with Daddy (as I am this close to giving in because of the shots)
S: But Pastor said Dairy Queen was open.
Me: What else did Pastor say? (trying not to laugh)
S: I don't know. (with a silly grin)

Yep. I don't know. Not even a church answer of "God loves me". After all of those children's sermons and long sermons and Sunday School and VBS. I get an "I don't know" and he remembers the Dairy Queen!!! Well, at least he know who Pastor is and what he says is important!

2 comments:

k said...

As long as he doesn't confuse JC with the DQ, you're probably doing okay.

Anonymous said...

I think it being fairly close to lunch time, the only important thing to really think about is food. Especially if you are young!

Love,
Mom