Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Today I spent $29.25

. . . and got these items at various garage sales for $14.25:
  • a "just because"/"I love you" gift for Eric, a basketball rim (which can be resold at our garage sale if it does not work out for the guy)
  • a little mini Weber grill for my apartment dwelling sister
  • Norah's Christmas dress
  • a little stuffed sheep (Norah actually swiped this from one garage sale. I found it in her hands upon buckling her into her car seat. I went back with the sticker and a quarter.)
  • two new in the package toaster oven pans
  • and little Norah melted hearts and came away with a free Shamrock bear because she would not put it down. The women's daughter has a St. Patrick's day birthday as well, so it went from one shamrock to another.

. . . and for $15 at an estate sale I got:

  • a silver and turquoise watch
  • a ring
  • a necklace
  • new, tall black boots (the kind that look good with a skirt and tights in the winter)
  • a black and white patterned tank top
  • Lily of the Valley perfume from Crabtree and Evelyn
  • brand new in the box Lily of the Valley shower gel

One of the workers stated that there was a lot of nice things - even fashionable things, to which I agreed. I mentioned that it is a bit creepy buying things, especially clothes, at estate sales knowing that someone has died. She very quickly stated that the woman did not die and has moved out of her home to an assisted living place. I felt much better perusing and buying her quality stuff for way cheaper than I expected. Bonus that debit/credit cards were also accepted. I clearly heard that Sunday was going be a "blow out" and that "everything had to go". Perhaps I'll take a walk down and peruse again by myself on a lovely Sunday.

Why was I out garage sailing? Well, I love a good bargain and haven't gone all year. Just not the same fun with two kids in car seats. Simon was in VBS at his preschool church so it was just Norah and I. And all I was searching for was a big wheel for Simon.

Still, a good time had by all!

No comments: