Lots.
And fast.
Most especially in the first few years of life. I make hats, and I am always amazed at how large little people's heads really are. Sometimes the lil' one's noggin is almost adult sized.
Norah has had an ivory hat with a shamrock ribbon for a few years now, and I just assumed it would always fit. I tried it on her the other day, as it is now March. Way too small, does not even cover her ears. (As is the coat pictured as well.)
She "needs" a hat for St. Patrick's Day; "her"parade is this Saturday after all. Being all decked out in green is totally fun when your birthday lands on the day when everyone is Irish.
So, I crocheted her a hat. This was a lovely pattern, just a few hours needed to make this easy-peasy hat. I am quite pleased with the elegant look. I found a pretty ivory, acrylic and alpaca blend, worsted weight yarn. THEN, I saw a lovely ivory lace weight yarn made of acrylic, mohair, and wool. The two weights together make the hat a bit heftier and hold the shape well, but not overly bulky. I love that the look is similar to those ivory Irish knit sweaters.
And since it will be wintry (still and again) on March 8th, this hat will keep my Shamrock's noggin nice and toasty warm at parade time!


1 comment:
Very cute! You do a beautiful job!
Post a Comment