Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Olympic Project(s)

While knitting may not be an Olympic sport, yarn has been a feature of my Olympic experience.  I love this project, thanks to my Aunt Cindy for introducing it to me!  I think she is on her second Lego blanket.  I love this project because it is so easy to tuck inside my purse to take-along.  By the way, I always have a yarn project with me.  You never know when you have 5 minutes to wait, and lots of stitches can be done in any amount of time!  My version of the Olympic rings substitutes gray for black, and my 5-color-project is using white instead of green.  Crocheter's license.

Along with this huge project, I am still working on a sewing/crocheting fusion blanket for Norah. Currently stalled due to needing to sew up the squares for the next column.  I sew a column's worth of squares, then blanket stitch and crochet each square, stitch the squares into a strip, and finally crochet the strip to the blanket.  Since IL is experiencing the 3rd coldest winter in recorded history, I do not always want to sit in the chilly basement - even to sew.

Most importantly, my current Olympic sized feat is to complete a ridiculous amount of testing, report writing, IEP writing, meetings, and trying to see my students.  It's quite ridiculous.  April is really looking like a dream, and not just for the possibility of spring.  For the hope of a regularily scheduled week!

How do you Olympic?

1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Still one of my most favorite projects! Isn't it fun??