Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Heart Day

I used to send out Valentine's to my girlfriends, family, and dear people to our hearts.  I loved it.  The last 2 years it felt more of a chore than a joy, so I don't do it to the extent I used to. Simon and Norah have their own Valentine's to sign and pass out, so my energies go to them.  I still send out a few of my own Valentine's.  First to my own honey, then to my kids.  I had to hand select who were the recipients of the other 3, and this year, they went to people who need a little extra care right now.  I hope they enjoy them. 

But, a lot was still done. 

  1. ‎24 party favor/treat bags for 2nd grade party made and sent on their way, 
  2. getting the boy to finish his 24 Valentine's to pass out to classmates completed, 
  3. 23 preschool Valentines signed and "decorated" by Norah, 
  4. 12 day care friends' Valentine's carefully created by Norah, 
  5. 7 important teachers' Valentines ready for delivery, 
  6. 1 befriended neighbor girl's Valentine ready to drop in the mailbox (Norah calls this 5th grade girl her "best friend"
  7. 27 Valentine's passed out for students on my caseload (simple print, cut, sign, and deliver), 
  8. 13 Valentine's waiting for my homeroom students (again, simply print, cut, and sign), 
  9. 6 special Valentine's handmade and hopefully arriving in mailboxes today, 
  10. little treats in tin mailboxes ready to greet 2 sweet and lovable kiddos at the table this morning! 


Whew! It's now time to sit back and enjoy the love! 

Happy Valentine's Day to you, hope you feel loved and appreciated!

2 comments:

Grandma G said...

Well, for all that work, I hope you get an extra-special Valentine (or many) yourself! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Luedtke Family - Grandpa and I did our thing. Yep, that is right! White Castle. You have to have reservations for them. People who do not have reservations cannot stay and eat. It is carry out only.
They greet you, take you to your table and seat you. Then come the menus, and order taking. They deliver your food to you. After dining, they bring you free dessert and some candy. Or that's right. The place is decorated with Valentine tablecloths, place mats and candles. We really enjoy going there on Valentines Day. They also take your picture which you get off the computer in about weeks!
So much so that it has become a tradition.
We hope you had fun and enjoyed your Valentines Day activities!

Love,
Grandpa and Grandma