Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Monday, January 07, 2013

A Day of Errands

So, today was a day of errands.  Lots of errands.  First, Norah played in the child care place while I worked out in a challenging class. I predict major soreness tomorrow.  Then, we returned a few un-needed items at Jo Ann's.  Picked up dishwasher soap (I had been using liquid dish soap in the dishwasher for a couple days.  Stash was depleted.) and laundry soap (the only place I can get a 100 load size of laundry soap for $4.99).  Then we headed on over to Aldi for the bulk of our grocery list.  After that, we crossed the street to Pete's Fresh Market for the last of our produce, and deli and meat.  Our last stop was at GFS where we purchased whole coffee beans, hot cocoa powder (not in individual packets as sometimes we only want a bit of hot cocoa rather than a full mug), and bulk meatballs.  Whew, that was a lot.  And my errand girl was a great big help!   We came home for a 1:00 lunch and a restocking of the fridge and cabinets.  We were almost to the bare shelves.  It is amazing what can be made and served when you think you have nothing to eat.  There seems to be always something to eat; it just may not be desired, but it will fill tummies.

I think we have not grocery shopped since before Christmas.   And back to work I go tomorrow.   It has been a wonderful break.  I always enjoy my time with Simon and Norah and a break from the weekly routine.


No comments: