Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Trick-Or-Treat Wardrobes

So, I am now not too late in Halloween costumes.  I think my kiddos have decided, and am hopeful that they will not change  their minds.  The best thing is that I only have to gather, create, or purchase 1 costume.  The other only requires acquisition of an accessory.  Such exciting times, I know.

Norah wants to be a princess.  I am shocked.  This may change.  She previously declared she wanted to be a bee.  I have already made her a cape and a crown for a previous birthday gift.  We were looking on Etsy this morning for ideas.  After some discussion, I realized she is not a tutu kind of girl, but more of the satin dress.  She pulled out one of her long satin dress up dresses and emphatically told me that was a princess dress.  So, more looking for dresses (I'm not a huge fan of sewing sleeves and gathers and things that require button holes or zippers).  I would be sort of willing to buy a dress rather than having to make one.  Then, I wonder about her last year's Easter dress.  Then I re-discovered a satin dress with pink and green stripes that Grandma could not resist buying on sale for Norah.  This was a recent purchase.  It coordinates with her cape quite nicely.  Norah is quite willing to make her own star wand out of perler beads.  Tonight Daddy asked her if he could make her a wand, to which she said yes.  All that is left are her shoes.  If her feet don't grow, her Easter shoes should be fancy enough to wear and not worry about ruining as they probably to most likely won't fit her next spring.  Unless Payless and a coupon come through and provide something more pink-ish and sparkly (size 10 or 10 1/2 if anyone finds a bargain)!

Simon has decided to be a knight.  Both Simon and Norah are in love with this cute little show called "Mike the Knight".  We have nothing knight-ish in the house.  This will require gathering, collecting, purchasing, or creating.  Accessories always make the costume.   Here is one option to use as a guide.  However, we are interested in more of a helmet than the crown.

Items neeeded: armor/breast plate, shield, helmet, sword and sheath, and black boots.

Perhaps Halloween and party stores can supply some of these items as a knight is not an obscure costume.   I just hate spending money and getting flimsy material that rips one minute after donning it.  The idea of buying a costume is against my grain.

But how cute for my brave knight to save his darling princess!

Does that mean I am the lovely queen?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It means you are a queen and what about Eric? It means that he is a King!

I hope they do not change their minds.

Have you noticed that the kiddo's have almost complimented each other in their costumes? Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf! I forget the year before last what they were.

Have fun and hope you do not get a lot of donated shoes! I will keep my eye open for shoes.

Love, Mom

The Luedtke Family said...

Or Eric could be the dragon!

Yes, I have loved (and strived) for complimentary costumes.

Norah was the candy corn and I think Simon was the snowman.

Then Norah was a ladybug and Simon was a yellow crayon, but I went as a yellow smiley face.

After that, I think they started to coordinate more!

k said...

We love the "Mike the Knight" in our house too. : )