Reasons to be excited include: (in baker's dozen style)
- Second trip this year away from home; that makes this feel like a get-away vacation. So we have plans to enjoy!
- It has been over a year since my children have gone to Grandma and Grandpa 'Sota's house! It'll be time to play and I'm sure a little spoiling in love and attention!
- I get to see my parents, my sister, my longest and bestest friend, and maybe cousins.
- This year totally beats cold turkey sandwiches in the hospital for my Dad and sister while Mom is sleepy and icky sicky. This year totally beats crying not being able to call Mom about cooking a pumpkin because canned pumpkin was unavailable due to a shortage.
- Mom and I are walking in the Giving Thanks - Atttitude of Gratitude fitness walk. Mom is training for her first ever road race - 1.5 mile walk around beautiful Como Lake. Pray for no snowy or icy conditions as that will prevent her participation. We get t-shirts!
- Not leaving the house after that walk to eat, watch football, play games, and perhaps play in the yard (because of energized little people), and #6. Hoping we'll see some of the Thanksgiving day parade.
- Insisting that Mom does NOT cheat by putting together chunks rather than pieces of her Christmas puzzle. Having Simon enjoy this puzzle tradition with us!
- Not stepping foot in any store on "Black Friday", because I am mostly done with shopping! But perhaps a sneak to a fabric store with Mom for a fabulous coupon deals.
- I, as in Becky, get to decide to either go to a Gopher hockey game with my longest and bestest friend or send my Dad and Hubby so I get some girl time with Jo. Hmmm, right now it is the Gopher game for me, one of the toughest tickets to get in town!
- Be sure to send the guys to an ACE store to redeem this awesome coupon on Saturday!
- Possibly take the kids to see the Holidazzle parade in downtown Minneapolis!
- Maybe check out this new breakfast joint I found a coupon for.
- And then the long trek back to IL; which is "over the river and through the woods". Along with everyone else.
1 comment:
Have a safe trip and a great time!
Post a Comment