Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Adorable vs. Affordable

By now, I have come to the realization that Simon's wolf hat will not arrive in time for Halloween festivities. I have back-up options in the works. Tonight I attempted to create a wolf hat from scraps left over and from my small stash of miscellaneous fabric. The hat is completed (thanks to the hood pattern from Lil' Red), ears attached (thanks to scouring the Internet for visuals and a husband's head for pinning), and a velcro closure. I am pondering a snout.) This is option 2a, a.k.a. "Option Affordable".


Click here for option 2b, a.k.a. "Option Adorable".

Now while I am extremely tempted to place the order for Option Adorable. Really, I can make do without. I read Simon the e-mail posted below. He understood what I was reading, and sort of became teary eyed. He saw the etsy hat and watched me use Norah's hood pattern to make a hat. He has tried it on and has accepted option 2a. He did not ask, beg, cry, question, or demand option 2b. If my little guy can accept Option Affordable, then maybe I should as well!

4 comments:

Grandma G said...

Glad 'I' don't have to decide! ;)

Erica said...

You did a GREAT job on the wolf hat - I think it IS adorable. And it will match the other part of the costume exactly which is really nice. Maybe if you draw a black nose and whiskers on his face too... it is cute!

k said...

I love so much about this post.

I love that Eric let you pin the ears while sporting it himself. I love that Simon was kindhearted and understood what was happening. I love that you tried and succeeded in making this hat happen.

Grandma G said...

Whoa! I didn't see the picture when I commented before! GREAT job!!