Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Mine and Companions

MINE
Setting: Aldi, at the checkout
Who: Me, Simon walking, and Norah contained in the cart
Time: Extremely close to bedtime, and skirted in and out with no issues - whew!
Why: A jump-start on the weekly grocery shopping, with mowing added to the to-do list, gotta just keep moving
Why the kiddos in tow: a late work meeting for Eric

Conversation:
Norah: juice, juice, juice, my juice, juice juice, juice (holding frozen juice)
Me: (just empty the cart, pay, pack, and skee-daddle, please Norah, just keep sitting)
Simon: What kind of juice?
Customer behind: Yes it is juice. What kind of juice is it?
Norah: Mine
Me: L=Inwardly laugh at how funny that was. Look at the kind conversational man and notice he only has a gallon of milk. Let him go ahead.

Kids sat on the counter extremely well while I packed up the bags. Simon was able to finish his quarter job with no protests from Norah also wanting to help.

COMPANIONS
Recently I had a spa-like experience at our local public library. Memorial Day weekend I ventured there alone while Norah was napping, Eric was mowing, and Simon was bounding around the yard. I was able to peruse the movies with a leisurely pace, pick out a few children's movies without reshelving or preventing a downpour, and I was able to wander the adult book section without darting eyes! I saw "The Julie/Julia Project", a movie that I have actually seen - thanks to the $1.00 Red Box, which caused me to navigate the online library catalog and locate the book on the shelf. I was able to think as I carefully thumbed through the pages and actually came up with the brilliant idea of also checking out Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". I highly recommend doing that. As I am reading Julie Powell's book, I am also flipping through and enjoying Julia Child's - which is why I consider them companion books. The book I have is a 1965 version, which is the 17th printing from the first in 1961!!!! Potage Parmentier is on the menu for next week. (Leek and potato soup for those who just might not know!)

Summer is my leisure reading time, and so I have begun! What's on your list? Because I will soon finish this easy, fun read and will be on the hunt for another! That is if I can be peeled away from Julia's cookbook and do not turn french!

No comments: