Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Monday, January 04, 2010

To Resoulte, or Not? Part II

For a refresher of Part I, review here.

So my last year's resolution was to put things away. Reflecting back, overall I have accomplished this task by leaps and bounds. But don't look in my basement right now!! Ha ha, the Christmas season happened and somehow time ran out and everything landed down by the office/craft area. On a whole, I have mastered putting things away in a timely manner. Now, mail and daily items gathering on the divider DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I put the kids' clothes away or in the basket quickly after disrobing them. My clothes do not pile up quite so high nor for quite so long before entering the laundry chute, closet, or dresser. I prefer to go to bed with clean kitchen counters and an empty dishwasher, or at least a running dishwasher. So, yes, I accomplished self-improvement once again.

So I resolve again to resolute!!!! I have even decided what my family will resolute! Hah, now that's funny!!!

Simon resolutes to put away toys after he is done playing with them.
Norah resoultes to playing with a toy for at least a few minutes post dumping.
Eric resolutes to reduce his procrastination.

I resolute to find a dentist and visit him twice and to record each days events in my awesome calendar journal (mine is the 3rd one down with the colored flowers with stick stems) with my new coordinating LePens so I don't forget the little moments that melt my heart or anger my core!!! I also resolute to pray more often. I have been hearing about praying for your spouse and your children on radio shows quite often lately. Our small group is in a Bible Study called "The Power of a Praying Parent". I do pray, I am just resoluting to be more conscious of it and experience a bit of growth in that area.

So, do you resolute, or not? If so, care to share????

(And yes, sometime soon I will try to post some pics of the holiday season.)

No comments: