Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happily Captitated

Way, way overstuffed was the verdict. Just owl-ley underwent decapitation. Thanks to blogging, here is the photo journey.
Decaptitated

Partially unstuffed, relieved, and wow! Sort of like having a baby; that was inside of there?!?! Stretchy yarn I suppose.



Recapitated and well, critically crooked. And the presence of a neck, which is just not al-owl-able!

Re-re-capitated, re-beaked, straightened, and just plain adorable! The holes are now invisible. Softer and squishier just like a furry friend (a.k.a. stuffed animal) should be! Now that I've figured it all out, I am considering making an orange owl with the green eyes and wings for Norah.

Thanks to all my reader support. The deciding factor was thinking ahead to when Simon plays with it by tossing it up in the air and the possible landing on someone's head. A soft and squishy owl is much more desired than an overstuffed bullet-owl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your owl is cute either way. I think I would have left it the way it was.

I remember the first one I made. I think is was supposed to be a giraffe. When I was finished, I could not tell what was the neck and what was the body. I finished it the way I thought it shoud be, but don't know where it went or what happened to it. Mary Frye made one also, and hers turned out like mine.

Have a good day.
Love,
Mom