Awhile back I was contacted to do an interview regarding ourstory of donating umbilical cord blood. Which really isn't our story. The story starts with my Mom, who has survived leukemia twice. The second time thanks to a special person out in the world whose mommy donated the umbilical cord blood so the precious stem cells could be used to save lives. And a special life was saved! I have had a few media requests inquiring about ourstory, but this is the first that has materialized. I get a bit nervous when I get those calls, as I am not so interested in being just a 30 second news story. This project was completed by a student and I feel it is well done. Most of the information is right, a few details like dates and a mispelled last name are just a tad off. Several of the pictures are from our donation. The first story is about my Mom and our donation to complete the gift of life. Chicago Parent magazine is printing some combination of the cord blood stories, and they will appear in July.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what a beautiful, tear-jerking story! thanks for sharing, not only with us, but with so many others! i am so glad we donated audrey's cord blood.
Post a Comment