Welcome to our little corner of the world where we celebrate all the big and little moments in life. Sometimes a little ant makes our day and sometimes an important milestone marks the day! We hope you visit often, write a comment, and leave with a little happiness!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Slippers and The Tanger Store

I bundled everyone up to go to the Container Store to purchase organizational goodies. So, getting out the door goes like this:

  • make sure Simon goes to the bathroom
  • tell Simon to put on his shoes
  • change Norah's diaper
  • make sure I go to the bathroom, nothing worse than me having to use the bathroom when out and about
  • freshen up the hair and put on a bit of make-up
  • help Simon put his second arm through the sleeve
  • wait for him to zip up his own coat
  • wait for him to try to put on the second mitten, ask for help, and stuff the thumb in the thumb hole
  • watch him put on his hat
  • wrap and tie his scarf
  • wonder if he should wear boots, but veto that idea quickly. determine shoes are fine
  • put hat on Norah
  • put on and zip her coat
  • put on my coat and accessories
  • sigh of relief that my keys were in my coat pocket, no searching needed
  • grab diaper bag, check for needed supplies and purse with wallet
  • search for and put Norah's shoe back on, again
  • go out back door carefully as a hot wheel track is attached to the garage door
  • open car doors with bundled kid, diaper bag, and little space in the one car garage, careful not to bump any hanging garage item to come falling down. And trying not to scrape "winter car" on my coat. You know, the nasty dried road salt - I call that "car". Can't tell you how many times I have "car" on my coat! I digress.
  • buckle both kids in
  • back out of the garage and 3/4 of the driveway, and luckily realize that I am wearing slippers
  • pull back in the driveway and change warm slippers for cold shoes in garage, could you imagine getting all the way to the store with slippers? I would just continue my errand as if I did not know.
  • acknowledge that I broke my cardinal sin of wearing black shoes with white socks. But, black shoes were the pair available and convinced myself it was better than slippers and I would be okay.
  • while driving, Simon asks where we are going and repeats "The Tanger Store?"
  • Absolutely love the calming effect of just being in The Container Store

Hopefully the organizational goodies will help keep me organized! The Tanger Store has yet to disappoint me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, what?

Norah didn't fill her diaper as you were putting her into the car seat? I was totally expecting that.

Now try adding in one more coat, set of mittens, boots, etc. I long for summer!

I have gone to church wearing slippers. They are soooo comfortable. Luckily they look enough like some folks' shoes that I can get away with it when I forget to put on the real shoes. :)
-Beth

k said...

Oh, the dreaded butt scrape against the dirty car. Hate. it.

Getting small people and oneself out the door in the morning is like a finely tuned machine. That makes me sweaty with exertion.

Live a Colorful Life said...

that made me exhausted just reading it.

Anonymous said...

Dont't you know that black and white go very well together. That nobody will know the difference and that they certainly would not point it out to you?

Anonymous said...

Do you know that black and white go very well together.... No one would look at you strangely.... That stangers don't really care?