This will be a trip with bags! To help me stay organized. I am taking the kids to MN - for the summer trip to see Grandma and Grandpa, to see my sister and her husband who are visiting from Japan, and my High School reunion. We will be staying at a few places over the course of the trip. Since I am solo in schlepping our stuff, organizing our events, driving, and caring for the kids - I need bags to organize myself. It keeps me calm. Items belonging in dedicated compartments, ahhh - bring on the peace!
1. Sunday night bag - with our pajamas, Monday's outfit, and toiletries for our hotel night.
2. Clothes bag - a total of 3, one per person.
3. Swimming bags - with suits and towels, sand toys provided by Grandma's bath toys
4. A cold weather bag to stay in the trunk - with a sweatshirt, pants, and socks per person for a potential chilly evening
5. Car bags - with a few kid-picked items to entertain during the multi-hour journey back and forth
6. Snack bag - to munch on during the multi-hour journey
7. Project bag - FOR ME - always have to have something to read and some yarn project to keep my hands busy
8. Gift bag - can't arrive empty handed!
That may be all! I always say I'll pack light. But somehow, it's not always that light.
9 hours ago